Depending on who you talk to, the Software as a Service model has been around in some sort of innovation or concept since the 1990’s. It is said that the first discussion of SaaS was between Larry Ellison of Oracle, Marc Benioff, now of Salesforce, Zach Nelson, now of NetSuite, and an extremely talented developer named Evan Goldberg, the founder of NetLedger which later became NetSuite.
The workforce management industry still lags behind in offering SaaS to its customers, and therefore falls short of lowering software costs and passing those savings down-the-line. Of course, in the case of Workloud, we only offer our Demand Driven Scheduling, Absence Management, and Time and Attendance products through a SaaS model that is affordable and fast to implement. The root cause of this industry delay is, quite simply, that workforce management software companies just haven’t figured out how to implement applications without unleashing a barrage of people.
When researching workforce management software, or as some would say, human capital management solutions, keep these recommendations in mind:
• Look for a SaaS provider who delivers the service in the cloud with no computing infrastructure required
• Make certain you have a solution that combines Time & Attendance, Scheduling and Absence Management in a single application
• Remember, pay only for the number of units (employees) you need; don’t succumb to inflexible demands in units
• Do not select vendors that add-on costs for implementation, training and application sustainability services – these should be included in your subscription
• Ask pointed questions about application sustainability, it’s a hot button right now because some providers aren’t focusing long term
• Your business will change, that’s an absolute, make certain those changes won’t cost you an arm and a leg
Generally speaking, SaaS applications are effectively lowering the pricing in the workforce management industry. Now’s the time to capitalize on those savings and enjoy the benefits of affordability and quicker solution implementation.