Really? Seriously you say? Of course we’re serious, we’re workforce experts so we better know the secrets behind doing less work and saving more. Look, there’s no question that labor costs are most businesses greatest expense, and those expenses can reach 70%-80% of a company’s total costs. You’ll probably have more control of your workforce management expenses then you will overall production demand. Now, we’re not suggesting you put the sales machine in neutral, don’t do that, but we are suggesting that you might be able to lower your largest cost center by as much as 5% if you have the right workforce management software.
Take, for instance, the Workloud labor scheduling, absence management, and time and attendance modules. With these robust labor management tools that are offered in a SaaS model, you’ll be able to hit the ground running with virtually no upfront investment, and jog your way to the goal of reducing workforce costs. Here’s why:
- You’ll be able to better align your workforce with production demand by utilizing a resource that allows you to do that real-time; there’s no way you can effectively achieve that alignment if you’re working in a manual environment
- You can lower labor costs while increasing employee satisfaction if you provide volunteering and shift-swapping opportunities, but that’s extremely difficult to accomplish without a comprehensive workforce management software solution
- Some labor scheduling solutions, like Workloud's, include mobile access for supervisors and even employees. You’ll get more productivity from your managers if they’re not always glued to their desktops, and they’re on the floor encouraging, training and analyzing
- And speaking of your supervisors, they need to routinely deal with employees calling in sick; they’ll be better equipped to make labor scheduling decisions on-the-fly with a workforce management software solution
- To maximize your ability to reduce labor costs, look for one solution that can solve your labor scheduling needs, not multiple applications or manual processes
So, now that the secret is out, you can start your search for a solution that puts you on the path to reducing labor costs while increasing employee satisfaction.