We hear it all the time; vacation planning is a nightmare, it’s incredibly complex, communication is all-encompassing, employee resentment is the norm, and the beat goes on. How can efficient vacation planning be accomplished? Well, frankly, it can’t; not without some first-class automated solutions that cater to workforce management and demand-driven scheduling.
Here’s a few quips from the category of what HR Managers tell us about vacation planning:
“There has to be a better way than paper and three ring binder; maybe it’s rock, paper, scissors.”
"This round by round process never seems to end."
“There must be an automated workflow to do this, at least I hope there is.”
“The only happy employee is the person with the most seniority.”
“How do I balance vacations granted with the need to assure adequate staffing levels; doing it manually seems impossible?”
Workloud is one of the few workforce management providers offering a comprehensive vacation planning solution all in an affordable, no upfront investment SaaS model. Here’s how your vacation planning challenges can be resolved:
* Employees begin by selecting vacation week(s) at a time by seniority
* Our solution calculates real time the amount of employees, their skills and the positions that are required, to still achieve production demands
* Vacation approvals are aligned with employee accrual balances and future PTO
* After these activities, regular and single days off are then considered
* Employees, at any given time, can search a calendar for open vacation opportunities
* Employees can be informed when previously unavailable vacation periods become available
Vacation planning is a very complex and error-prone proposition. It almost certainly requires automation to be effective. But once you’ve implemented the Workloud solution, you’ll be able to go on vacation.